Program for 3, 4 & 5 yr olds
At Green Isle Community Preschool, we believe that in
order for your child to grow emotionally, physically and intellectually he or
she must be given the freedom of choice. Each day that your child attends they
will be given choices that will help them to become self-disciplined,
independent and respectful of the rights of others. Our program is designed for
those students 3, 4 and 5 year olds.
- Achieving a sense of self –knowing oneself and relating to other people
- Taking responsibility for self and others-following rules and routines, respecting others
- Behaving is a pro-social way- showing empathy, sharing and taking turns
- Gross motor- Develop balance and stability and large muscle movements
- Fine motor- Coordinating small muscles to perform self-help skills, manipulate small objects
- Learning and Problem solving- ask questions, make predictions, and test possibilities
- Thinking logically- comparing, contrasting, sorting, classifying, counting, measuring and recognizing patterns
- Thinking symbolically- drawing representation pictures, and dramatic play
- Listening and speaking- expressing oneself, understanding others, and participating in meaningful conversation
- Reading and writing- gain knowledge of the alphabet, writing letters andwords, understanding the purpose of print
Before and After School Program
Before and After School Care
Green Isle Community School is excited to offer Clover Kids, our before and after school program, to every student in the area! Clover Kids is located at the Green Isle Community School (GICS). Clover Kids is not a licensed daycare, but has been approved to operate at GICS by the GICS School Board. The hours of Clover Kids are 6am-8:15am and 3pm-6pm on school days as well as available on days that Sibley East has Teacher Workshops.
What is the “Clover Kids” Program?
Clover Kids is a family oriented before and after school program. It focuses on consistent, fun based learning. The Clover Kids Coordinator is experienced in after school programming and is first aid and CPR certified. Clover Kids provides a safe environment which promotes respect, responsibility, cooperation and fun! Kids are given an opportunity to explore their own interests, participate in physical activities, express themselves through arts and crafts and socialize with their peers.
Clover Kids offers extra help with homework, educational & fun activities for reasonable & competitive rates.
Schedule for a typical day:
|3:00 - 3:30
||Free play in room M, W, F / Gym T and TH
|3:30 - 3:45
|3:45 - 4:15
|4:15 - 6:00
||Calendar Activity or Outside Recreation
Please contact Green Isle Community School at 507-326-7144 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information! Busing options are available!